Monday, November 19, 2012

Left, Right

Shoulder angels.  Remember them from the movie Emperor's New Groove?  There is an angel on one side, and a not-so-nice-devil-like being on the other.  I think everyone has these little guys, or conscience, which portrays itself in one's own way to encourage and confuse the weighing of daily decision making.  


I think of my shoulder "Carly's" this evening, after making a delicious breakfast-for-dinner plate composed of scrambled eggs with sausage & veggie fixings, and a side of some bacon slices; this meal is followed by what I referred to as "needs to be eaten" cake.  Can't let it go to waste!  My sister-in-law was visiting this weekend and as her birthday is tomorrow, I wanted to make her a dessert she enjoys to help with early celebrations.  My shoulder naysayer popped up tonight right after I ate the treat, and nudged my heart strings whispering, "Gym?!"


Yes, the internal gym suggestion was as much a dis as it was a treat.  Until Elle was 3 months, it was something I went to more occasionally when Mike was free to watch her.  Fortunately now we can add her on as a little mini member, and I can bring her during the day to get this post-pregnancy butt back into gear.  There have been nice days and weeks with warm weather to get walks in, but as the leaves turn and breezes caress the face, these walks are a heavy mix of leisure and a desired, accelerated heart rate.  The few yoga classes I've been to have also been cleansing, but I am ready to sweat.  If only to not buy a whole new wardrobe...


Hopefully even more than a physical transformation will come out of my being able to bring the girl to the daycare at our gym, and as Thanksgiving calories loom, I am thankful in advance to have a supportive husband who loves me and my bodily transitions at any time.  And the menu of our first family holiday in PA will hopefully maintain an exciting and well-rounded spread of gobbling grub.


GRATEFUL and GROWING. 

No comments:

Post a Comment