Thursday, January 7, 2016

define "firm"

res·o·lu·tion
rezəˈlo͞oSH(ə)n/


Perhaps a little too predictable for this time of year ... but "if the shoe fits" ...


"Resolution" as per my Google-search dictionary equates to "a firm decision to do or not to do something.  Well, here we are in 2016, and the decision to rejoin the blogosphere certainly begins again - 'firm' is to be decided...  Although the above search also brought upon "the action of solving XYZ..."  Ahh, action.  Ahh moreover, intention.  So much within that word do I find myself and my hopes for this year and any new day or new thing moving forward.


I just (re)heard about intention in yoga class this week, and I have learned so much of its power through my personal growth as a yogi and my professional 'preach' to clients at work:  the intention of ourselves, our mindsets, our goals are ever (if not more) important to the outcome.  For what reason or how do we accomplish an end goal without a pointedness / direction towards it?  I think this also levels out the playing field.  Now it becomes about the experience for the person, compared to solely the result.  Another analogy heard from recent anatomy lecture during yoga teacher training:  "the tide raises all the boats."  And as one of our directors puts it:  "one train, many stops."


Where you place yourself along the spectrum of your goals is an individual perspective and experience.  It is not to place blame or guilt towards yourself or anyone else if there is another who is placed somewhere differently along the path.  The path is not firm; furthermore the path may not even be a path in your eyes.  It may be a translucent current in the subconscious ocean of the universe that surrounds us.  The all-being energy that holds and supports us, as much as we absorb ourselves into it.


Elliot's big into "Frozen" these days.  You remember the song:

"Let it go, let it go
Can't hold it back anymore
Let it go, let it go
Turn away and slam the door!
....

It's funny how some distance
Makes everything seem small
And the fears that once controlled me
Can't get to me at all!
....
It's time to see what I can do
To test the limits and break through
No right, no wrong, no rules for me I'm free!"



This is my place along the path right now.  I am learning to let go into Nature and trust in the manifestations of my goals as what they are:  personal.  They are mine.  They are not steadfast and firm, they are ever changing.  Rather, evolving.  I am learning to not 'change' any of them completely due to fear of the outcome or because I shun any potential success based off perceived self-worth (re:  yoga teacher training certification; marriage and family therapy licensure).  No longer to wait on intention because I'm not sure it's enough.  (Am I ENOUGH?)  Using intention to set motion.


Truth is, we are enough.  It's already decided because we are here and existing.  The time of January brings about a lovely rejuvenating spirit to the turn of our calendars, and the crux of winter months.  There is certainly value in your efforts to resolve, but also know the powers of intending them unto your mind.  The cognitive shifts alone can assist your spirit to feel the actions of gratitude towards creating any ideas of new goals in the first place.  Be kind to yourself, and take those actions with your grace.  With your ever present spirit.  The universe is here to hear you.

No comments:

Post a Comment