Tuesday, November 30, 2010

would you, if you could?

Believe you me, based on the past six months of unemployment, I am not the first person even I would normally turn to when searching for the rightfulness about regret. "Regret" in itself is a pretty negative word, and to assume that we need a little in our life, may in fact be coming from someone who is doubting even that assistance of mistakes. Would you, if you could, leave out regrets in your life by searching forward?


As far as my job stuff goes, I can honestly say that I would have searched ahead, sought out the career I wanted and taken the appropriate classes/life experiences ahead of time. Granted, this would probably have prevented me from meeting some wonderful coworkers, friends, and the like...so what can we take from these regretful regrettings....?


Clearly, this blog is just a mosh of questions. Doubts. Pending possible regrets turned upward? Let me face the inevitable this week: missing out on what is done (turned down from 2 jobs this past week). How to move along? "We are what we think, we think what we become." So true! So difficult to master. Mantras help. A mantra is a thought, phrase, feeling that you think either during a set time of the day, perhaps throughout if you can make the time. Positive is the message you claim to render, and at best your message to the universe is not only answered within a time frame you can work with....it's simply answered! A mantra is meditation's grandkid. It takes just as much effort, but is typically a sentence you murmur to yourself to compose constructive thought. "I work in a job that ties my diligence to my passions." "I work excitedly each day towards a steady, enjoyable profession." "I....???" How does doubt not creep itself in? How did I make this decision to attend school without being 100% sure of my career choices? Let's take a gander into other options, shall we? :

Counseling Psychologist (check)
Marriage and Family Therapist (check)
Nurse
Human Resources
Teacher
Childcare Administrator
Peace Corps Member
Nonprofit Administrator
Chef
Paralegal

Anyone's list could go on...and on...and...


This post could too.


Attempting not to feel self-destructive though certainly self-defeated. On a happier note, Thanksgiving was this past Thursday, and it was ventured by gobbling into Maine with Mike and my family. The wolfpack of ours is expanding with brethothed pairs, workaholics, and booming businesses. Life moves steadily along. Now if I can mantra my movement along this tightrope a little more steadily....

No comments:

Post a Comment