Thursday, June 3, 2010

up for a gamble.

So, I told work today. Time to tell you, too. Last day is later this month. Fortunately, any support one could hope for was offered, even from my immediate coworkers. Unfortunately, that can make you feel worse when you just want to be sure of your decision, and when a supervisor asks what she can do to convince you to stay....it makes you feel guilty and good at the same time.


Nothing lined up yet as far as future work. Of course, why yes I would love for that to fall in my lap, thank you! How many things do you really earn through chance? Through luck? 20%? 0%? Whatever it is you need to be a little proactive. And though I've been fishing for a few months, that by no means grants me the right to have anything yet. And while I do not, it doesn't mean that I haven't been granted the opportunity to get closer. Taking a gamble, but I believe that it will pay. For what better stroke of luck can you get than the one you make for yourself by trying.


Here's hoping, and here's doing. Glad now that I can devote the time and effort to achieve it! Some of the toughest decisions are the healthiest!

No comments:

Post a Comment